Monday, March 3, 2014

Install Ubuntu after Osx86 Mavericks (Guide)



After successfully installing OS-X86 Mavericks I also wanted a linux distro in my notebook. I had some difficulties but at the end I managed to install Ubuntu 14.04.

The problem was that chameleon couldn't see my partiton.
The solution is to change the partition code to 0700 (ubuntu had 8300 by default)

Read bellow for instructions


Be careful with this operation as you may damage your current installation.
  1. Create a bootable usb flash disk with Ubuntu, boot it and start the installer
  2. Start the manual partitioning and create a partition for your linux distribution. Then select to install the boot loader at your partition's path (for me it was /dev/sda3)
  3. Reboot and start Mac OS X.
  4. Download from here the gdisk application (the .pkg one) and install it.
  5. Open terminal and write "sudo gdisk /dev/disk0" (For me it was disk0, check what disk is yours in Disk Utility application)
  6. Enter 'p' and keep your linux partition number (for me it was 3) 
  7. Enter 't' and , enter your linux partition and then enter 0700 .
  8. Finally enter w to write changes.
Now you will able to see the linux icon when booting on chimera or chameleon.

*Note*
This is for people that they have already installed osx86(hackintosh).
*Note2* 
If you have managed to install hackintosh  I assume that you are skilled enough. For this reason I'm not gonna get in many details about the installation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment